My passion in life is helping others. Specifically, my two-fold joy is helping leaders at all levels become the best version of themselves and helping teams enjoy satisfying, meaningful and successful experiences and relationships with one another. I feel very fortunate to get to do both of these for a living. I am a Team Health Specialist and Executive Coach with Price Associates, a leadership development firm.
My work with individuals, teams and organizations has many expressions. I’ve written two books and am working on a third. I regularly write articles for various blog sites. I speak, coach, train and any other means of helping people grow and develop into the leaders they are meant to be. On a personal note, my wife and I are recent empty-nesters and the proud parents of three grown girls. We are both originally from California and have been in southwest Idaho for 22 years.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Architecture, Cal Poly SLO
- Master of Science in Community Counseling, Northwest Nazarene University
- Phd Student, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Grand Canyon University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – State of Idaho
- Formerly Licensed Architect (Idaho & California)
- Founder, Johnson Architects, PC – Meridian, Idaho
- TTI SI Certified Professional Behaviors, Motivators and EQ Analyst
- Member SHRM and Treasure Valley Human Resources Association (TVHRA)
I am a part of Price Associates, a leadership development consulting organization. We are comprised of various SMEs (subject matter experts) and specialists from around the country (and internationally). We are value added associates with TTI Success Insights in Scottsdale, AZ. TTI SI is an industry-leading assessment provider. We share common values and resources and are committed to helping leaders grow and make their world a better place. For more information about my work, see my personal profile (below). For an introduction to the Price Associates team, see our most recent magazine (below).
I enjoy my work which allows me to provide a rich diversity of services for clients (individuals, teams and organizations) including the following:
I’m part of the Price Speakers Group and provide keynotes and other presentations for various organizations in my areas of interest and expertise. Some of my previous presentation topics include:
- Yin & Yang Complete Leadership (introverted and extroverted leaders working together)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Prevention
- Conflict Resolution
- Workplace Bullying
Facilitation / Training / Workshops / Labs
I’m a team / group facilitator and conduct workshops, labs and trainings on various topics with different kinds of groups. Some of my most requested trainings include:
- Shared Victory – a two-day team intensive focused on conflict prevention and healthy team development
- Quiet Leader Bootcamp – a one-day intensive targeted at the unique needs of more introverted leaders in an extroverted culture
- EQ Training – a half-day workshop explaining the nature, importance, and physiology of emotional intelligence (includes a TTI Success Insights EQ3 Personal Report debrief
- Dynamic Communications – a one-day workshop focused on improving communication among the team using the TTI Talent Insights (behavioral style/workplace motivators) assessment as a basis
I’m an executive coach and work with both individuals and teams to promote growth and development. Though I work with all kinds of leaders, my specialty is working with people I call Quiet Leaders (introverted or ambiverted leaders). In my coaching work, I utilize a full-battery of personal assessments and coaching methods to help clients:
- better understand themselves
- better understand others around them
- modify critical behaviors / develop specific competencies
- lead from introverted strengths (counter-culturally)
- grow and develop as leaders in their respective organizations
Team Cultural Assessment
I have two separate team assessments that generate executive reports in the following areas:
- Team Conflict Potential Survey: a 5o-item team survey that yields a 6-8 page report with findings and recommendations related to reducing team conflict potential
- Team Health Survey: a 60-item team survey that yields a 6-8 page report wit findings and recommendations related to developing team health.
These two assessments and reports are often included as part of the Shared Victory Program.
Team Cultural Development
Often building on an initial team lab or workshop, team cultural services seek to move the culture incrementally over time. Typically we are focused on relevant topics including:
- Team conflict prevention (implementing and applying Demand Model of Conflict)
- Team conflict resolution (equipping the team with methods and means of resolving conflict when it occurs)
- Healthy Team Model application:
- Shared Character Development (Emotional Intelligence and Ethical Development)
- Strong Cohesiveness Development (Trust, Engagement, Soft Skills)
- Laser Clarity Development (Team or Organizational Clarity & Individual (Role) Clarity)
- Clear Communication Development (implementing 10 Part Model)
- Positive Consequences Development (Holistic Focus on Team Results)
Moving team culture is usually a longer-term process with third-party influence helping shift the paradigm over 12-18 mos. minimum. Maintaining cultural change is often assisted by ongoing third-party assistance.
I have specific expertise and passion to work with interpersonal conflict and enjoy the opportunity to help people resolve it. I do everything from fairly informal conflict resolution processes to more formal mediations and everything in between.
I provide free online webinars throughout the year that are open to the public on various relevant topics including:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Healthy Teams
- Conflict Prevention / Resolution
- Introverted Leadership
- Family Businesses
- Introvert Revolution: Leading Authentically in a World That Says You Can’t. (2015). Eagle, ID: Aloha Publishing.
- Pushing Back Entropy: Moving Teams from Conflict to Health. (2013). Nampa, ID: Restoration Publishing.
- The End of Conflict: Resisting False Utopia in Hope of True Restoration. (2012). Nampa, ID: Restoration Publishing.
Websites / Blogs
- www.price-associates.com (overall firm website)
- www.pushingbackentropy.com (team-related services)
- www.introvertrevolution.com (introverted leaders)
- www.restoration-consulting.com (faith-based consulting)